Friday, March 7, 2008

R84



News: The R84 is officially NOT for sale any more and is being prepared for a re-configuration of the entire system. It is however a fine example of my shops capability's to build custom electric vehicles for all my clients needs. I will NOT however answer any advanced questions unless you have approved and made payment on a bid for a custom conversion from my shop. The battery range and speed capability's are NOT fully tested. What I can tell you is that the bike has decent zero to 60 acceleration and an approximate range of 40 miles on balancing controller coupled to the zivan charger. Here are some basic facts about the bike in the pictures:
R84:As pictured:
28cell lithium (LiFePo) 50ah 3.3v(nominal), AC induction drive, Curtis AC drive controller, Zivan charger and of course all aluminum battery frames. All this packed into a 2000 Yamaha R1. Custom built by me at my shop Graywrx Fabrication in West Oakland for Todd Kollin of Electric motor sport (also in West Oakland). For sales and custom vehicles email Justin Gray at: graywrx@gmail.com You can check out Todds web site at: www.electricmotorsport.com

13 comments:

Jason J. Gullickson said...

What's the estimated range, at highway speeds?

Unknown said...

Egads! Look at the size of that rear cog!!

nice!

Triften said...

What's the weight and horsepower?

Chip Dangerfield said...

I THINK IT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME HOW JUSTIN GRAY CAN MAKE THESE ELECTRIC MOTOR CYCLES-!!! (I WISH I HAD ONE)-!!!!!!! I WISH HE COULD MASS PRODUCE THEM (LIKE GM DOES CARS AND STUFF)-!!!?? CONSIDERING (CURRENT) GASOLINE PRICES, I'M FOR (ANY) KIND OF CONSUMER "CHOICE" (WHETHER IT'S A ELECTRIC/HYBRID/PLUG-IN/FUEL CELL/ OR WHATEVER-!!! SO, LET'S HAVE A WORLD WIDE (SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY)- REVOLUTION-!!!!!!!

Midnitte said...

wow, that's pretty awesome. Where exactly do you buy your parts?

Anonymous said...

Certainly, I was not aware Todd was subcontracting out AT ALL until checking out your own site here.

If you're the builder of the stuff I've seen at his shop, my hats off to you.

I have a copy of the "Popular Science" if you are collecting.

I'm local too (Berkeley) if you want to do some EV show and tell. I'm looking to do a car and could use some fabrication assistance if you are interested in leveraging that press...

allindsay said...

Love the bikes. I am in the planning stages of making my own right now. I'm having trouble down here in SOCAL finding a frame. Everyone down here wants like new prices for rolling frames that have no motor or not working motor... I was thinking of looking south of the Border but was wondering if the pickings are better up closer to you.
Again, Love the bikes and the Bots.

Unknown said...

Nice bikes.
These are awesome works of art.

Unknown said...

Any interest in working on a project to convert sailing boats with 30-100 hp gas or diesel aux engines to electric??? To make it worth while we would need to store enough power to run for 2-4 hours under battery alone and recharge with solar and a gen set.

Unknown said...

First off.. I want to congratulate the person who owns this bike! It is really quite the beauty.. I myself would love to drive this bike everyday since it is a bike I had back in the day. It's vicious, it sounds like a monster, and most of all.. It's a masterpiece that can never be forgotten! But you see, as I got older it's funny how my choice of muscle transitioned to the more elegant/luxurious modern day vehicle. I mean, I guess as we get older of course more things begin to make sense, like safety in a car, better sound quality, and an overall better rating for a vehicle! Well, enjoy and don't forget to Buckle-Up!
HP Laptop Parts

E/C Supply said...

dood. AWESOME AWESOME build, and my vote for this bike is to keep it naked!

mithun said...

Looks amazing!!!! /I look forward to your feedback /thanks for this man it was very helpful.
Boyd Coddington Wheels

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.